Sunday, October 7, 2018

Current Status of my Breath of the Wild File on Nintendo Switch


Breath of the Wild on the Nintendo Switch is the best video game I've played so far in my years of gaming. I started playing it in September 2017 and I am still making strides towards becoming better and finishing more of the game. I will probably not do everything that can be done in this game. 

This is the status of my file (what I consider worth reporting) as of 10/7/2018:

Time: 310 hours

Main Quests Cleared: 20/20

Shrine Quests Cleared: 42/42

Side Quests Cleared: 89/90
     Need to complete the Final Trials

Memories: All Recovered

Master Mode: Not Yet Attempted

Maxed Out Armor Sets:

BARBARIAN
CLIMBING GEAR
DESERT
FIERCE DEITY
FLAMEBREAKER
ANCIENT
HYLIAN
RADIANT
RUBBER
SNOWQUILL
SOLDIER’S
STEALTH
ZORA

The FLAMEBREAKER gave me a lot of trouble, due to the difficulties experienced trying to obtain Smotherwing Butterflies.
The FIERCE DEITY and BARBARIAN were also difficult, due to needing dragon parts. You need to gain an intimate understanding of where and when each of the three dragons appears, along with the best place to take shots at the dragons in order to get the parts you need.
Currently working on upgrading armor sets that require Star Fragments, which are exceptionally difficult to obtain quickly. 

Korok Seeds: 442/900

After obtaining roughly 380 korok seeds, I used the map included with the Official Guide to help me locate enough to finish adding all the inventory slots. Inventory slots are maxed out at 441 seeds. I tried to find the seeds by just running around with the KOROK MASK, but even that was a very slow process. Even the guide barely sped things up, since you still have to solve the puzzle once you get in the vicinity of a seed.

Completion Percentage: 62.10% (out of 100%)

I would need to find the remainder of the korok seeds, along with the Talus and Hinox monsters I have not yet found. I only have the Molduga Medal in respect to monsters eliminated. There is no Lynel Medal, which I find strange. 

I have defeated Ganon. Once you beat Ganon, the game ends and a Star is placed by your file. Everything you have done is saved and you're free to continue playing the game, except that Ganon needs to be defeated again. This is tremendously awesome, as it gives players an opportunity to discover more of the game without needing to start over completely. Due to the open world nature of the game, Ganon can be defeated rather quickly, without having experienced much of what the game has to offer. People that regret having rushed through the game are thus able to start over without losing any progress, should they decide to make a more thorough investigation of what the game has to offer. This is Very Smart game design. 






No comments:

Post a Comment