Thursday, October 29, 2009

What was I thinking about in 1985?


TRANSFORMERS!

     Some of my happiest memories before age 12 have much to do with The Transformers. I started watching the cartoon at age 8, but I had received an interesting toy before the show was on the air. You see, I didn't know what Transformers were. They just came out of nowhere. On my eighth birthday I got this interesting toy called Optimus Prime, from my Aunt Jane. I remember receiving it very clearly, simply because it was completely new to me. Information traveled differently back in 1984, as the internet was only used by scientists and no one had cell phones. In fact, hardly anyone had a personal computer.
     I wrote this story back as a young whip:

 

And this is the original lineup of Transformers toys:


No comments:

Post a Comment